Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grandma's funeral

I just wanted to write a little bit about my grandmother's funeral. It was beautiful, I really think that she would have approved. I saw people at the funeral that I haven't seen for many years like my cousin Christopher, I haven't seen him since I was at Snow College. It was a tribute to my grandmother's memory that so many people took time out of their busy lives to go to her funeral. The grandchildren (including me) sang I am a child of God at the funeral, I was really nervous but I managed to get through it. One of my sisters started to cry during one of the verses and I wanted to squeeze her hand but I was afraid that I would get hysterical during the song but we managed to get through it all right.

I am sad that I won't get to see her but I know that she is very happy where she is right now. She lived a amazing life and I was glad that I got over my illness enough to go to her funeral.

I only hope that I get to see her again someday. I miss her, my Grandmother Jackson and my Aunts Lois and Ruth so much. I wish that I could talk to them.

1 comment:

Keri said...

i wish i could talk with them too laurie. they have been such great instruments in our upbringing.