Thursday, November 6, 2008

Winter is here!

I couldn't believe the snowstorm that Salt Lake City had yesterday. It snowed nearly all day long. I really hate snow. One major reason is that people don't shovel the sidewalks in my neighborhood so it takes me three times longer to walk home from the bus stop than before.
If it wasn't for icy sidewalks, I would like snow a whole lot more than I do now.

It is my mother's birthday today. I hope that she enjoys her birthday. Yesterday she was threatening to hide in the closet. I know that I am doing that next year. There is something pathetic about someone who doesn't have any friends and can't sustain a relationship for more than 2 months, namely me.

3 comments:

Keri said...

oh dear laurie. you make me laugh. i guess next year we will celebrate your birthday in your closet- but what will people say? i am with you on the snow- it can snow a week before christmas and melt the 26th and i would be happy. arizona here we come!

Anonymous said...

Keri, bring the chocolate licorice if you come for my birthday.

Laurie

Gedge's said...

Oh geez.. Or as Laurie would say, GHEEEZZZZ. Thank you for teaching this to my children... Snow is great but not fun to walk or drive in. I like this time of year, but also it brings sad memories... We will not be celebtrating any birthdays in the closet. sorry.